You will find Dana-methi mirchi by default in the menu of all Rajasthani marriage functions. Beside culinary uses, the Fenugreek seeds has many medicinal benefits. Since the ancient times, Fenugreek seeds has been used to increase milk production in nursing mothers. You can read more about it’s benefits here and here.
- 1 cup chopped green chili
- 2 tablespoon fenugreek seeds(dana methi)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4th teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dry raw mango powder (amchur powder)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- Soak the fenugreek seeds for 3-4 hrs.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add mustard seeds and hing.
- Add green chili's. Fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and fenugreek seeds and cook it for a minute.
- Add dry mango powder. mix and switch off the gas.
- If you are in a hurry, instead of soaking the fenugreek seeds, you can boil them for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- If you can’t handle the hotness of green chili. Boil the chopped green chili for 2 minutes or microwave it in the bowl of water for a minute and then drain. It will reduce the hotness of chili.
- This chili will be good at room temperature for 2-3days outside the refrigerator.